Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hi everybody,

It's a beautiful day out there! Here's a poem from my new book "Overgrown Garden,"just to get you in the mood for a little nature love. Hope you enjoy!




My Cathedral

My cathedral
isn't very fancy.
It never has a crowd.
It's off inside
the deep, dark woods.
I go there all alone.
Sitting myself beneath
the intertwined branches
in a natural clearing.
I pray for guidance
and compassion.
Though the floor
is naught but dirt
a fallen log
the only pew.
There is something here.
Something bigger
and better than man.
Kneeling in this
hallowed place
surrounded on all sides
by natures gentle hand,
it's so easy to believe.
To become one
with my surroundings.
To listen and somehow
become a better person.
The swish of wind
through the ancient oaks
catching my attention.
The creaking boughs
and leafy limbs
sharing secrets.
I know that
no matter what
I'll soon come back again.
.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful poem Laurel, I look forward to reading your book of poetry. Great blog and welcome to the blogosphere!!

    ReplyDelete